Certificate in Essential Human Resource Skills
As the province continues to roll out its Re-Open Saskatchewan Plan, contractors and their employees are being challenged to adjust to new safety protocols and a different way of managing their employees in order to effectively comply with active Public Health Orders.
This Certificate in Essential Human Resource Skills will provide course participants with the knowledge and understanding to more effectively manage employees as their needs evolve to address the many challenges imposed by the current pandemic environment.
The need to align business activities with the phases of the Re-Open Saskatchewan plan has become an integral part of business success. Providing human resource skills training to your managers and supervisors will ensure your business is better positioned to quickly adjust to the impacts of the pandemic. This training will aid your business in being able to pivot accordingly in an environment that is becoming increasingly volatile and unpredictable.
This Certificate consists of selecting a minimum of 4 out of the 8 modules:
HR Series: Navigating a Multi-Generational Workplace - 2 hours
Thursday, February 25 from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM CST
- Examine the generational difference & similarities in the workplace
- Explore how to manage a multi-generational workforce
- Discuss how to remove generational barriers and stereotypes
- Examine how the baby boomers’ retirement will create leadership opportunities for millennials
- Explore the concept of managing individuals, not generations
HR Series: Meaningful Performance & Development Conversations- 2 hours
Thursday, March 18 from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM CST
- Defining the elements of meaningful performance management
- How to prepare for the performance evaluation conversation
- How to monitor performance
- How to communicate feedback
- How to be specific and hold employees accountable
HR Series: Workplace Harassment – What it is and What to do about it- 2 hours
Thursday, February 11 from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM CST
- How to prevent harassment from occurring
- What sorts of policies should be in place?
- What should managers do to protect their employees?
- If a complaint is filed, what will we do?
HR Series: Dealing with Difficult People- 2 hours
Thursday, February 18 from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM CST
- How your own attitudes and actions impact others.
- New and effective techniques for dealing with difficult people.
- Techniques for managing and dealing with anger.
- Dealing with difficult people and difficult situations
HR Series: Drugs & Alcohol in the Workplace – Employer Rights & Obligations- 2 hours
Thursday, April 1 from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM CST
- Drug and Alcohol Policies
- Testing for Drug and Alcohol Use
- Consequences for Testing Positive
- Impaired at Work Situations
- Accommodation requirements for workers with drug and or alcohol addiction
HR Series: Reasonable Suspicion for Supervisors -2 hours
Thursday, January 15 from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM CST
What is Reasonable Suspicion Testing
Drug use stats
Employer & Employees Obligations under the Policy & Law
Signs and symptoms
How to document
HR Series: The Basics -2 hours
Thursday, January 21 from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM CST
An Overview of compensation and benefits administration
- Managing leaves and illness - basic do's and don'ts
- Maintaining privacy & accurate record keeping
HR Series: Effective Interviewing -2 hours
Thursday, January 28 from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM CST
How to hire the best person possiable from inside or outside of the organizationto fill open positions
How to comply with Canadian laws in the hiring preocess
Best practices to ensure the unintentional discrimination does not go unchecked in your workplace
How to identify the many forms of discriminatory hiring practices
Some key takeaways and best practices to implement in your workplace
The 7 practical steps to a successful interview, from advertising through to selection
HR Series: Conflict Resolution: Getting Along in the Workplace -2 hours
Thursday, February 4 from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM CST
What conflict is and how it can escalate
The types of conflict and the stages of conflict
The most common conflict resolution styles and when to use them
Effective techniques for interview strategies
Ways to manage conflicts to enhance productivity and performance
HR Series: From Hiring to Termination -2 hours
Thursday, March 4 from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM CST
How to hire the best people possible from inside or outside of the organization to fill open positions.
- How to comply with Canadian legislation in both the hiring and termination process.
- Best practices to implement in your workplace to improve overall effectiveness
HR Series: Progressive Discipline -2 hours
Thursday, March 11 from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM CST
What is “Performance Management”
What is “Progressive Discipline”
Incompetence vs. Misconduct
The Steps to Progressive Discipline
Total Course Time – 8 Hours
Accreditation – MERIT Certificate in Essential Human Resource Skills
Gold Seal Credits – 0
Cost: $200 + GST
If you are interested in additional modules, the cost will be $50 per module. Please contact email@example.com for more information
**WHEN REGISTERING PLEASE SELECT THE PREFERED MODULES**
Computer or laptop
- This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content (slides or videos), and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, cell-phones or tablets may not be adequate.
- Windows 10 or Mac iOS
- For a full list of Zoom’s requirements click here
- Downloading of the Zoom app will ensure a much faster experience https://zoom.us/support/download
- Webcam – in order to engage and collaborate, participants will be expected to have their webcams on for the duration of the class
- Internet connection - For best results, you will want to ensure you have an internet connection with an upload/download speed of 3-5 Mbps. You can test your internet speed here. Minimum recommended speed is 1.5 Mbps, but anything below 3 Mbps may result in loss of quality or buffering. Ideally hardwired connection versus wireless for stability - connect your computer directly to your router using an ethernet cable, rather than using your home wi-fi.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions - microphone will be engaged for interactive sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class program.
- Comfortable chair
For support or inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-844-MERIT4U. (637-4848)
No cancellation &/or refunds available after registration.