PRINCE ALBERT, SK
This course is intended to provide members of the construction industry with an understanding of construction law
This course is designed to teach and familiarize owners, managers, supervisors and project managers with construction contracts and contract law, liabilities and responsibilities of all parties to a contract, compiling and submitting proper extras and claims, and ways and means for leaders to avoid conflict with contracts, owners, trades and labour.
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the origins of law
- Understand what a contract is and what makes a contract valid or invalid
- Understand the roles in the construction industry as they apply to contract law
- Know the different types of construction contracts
- Interpret contracts
- Understand what a custom contract consists of
- Understand the principles of surety and the different types of bonds that are used
- Know what type of insurance is required in the construction industry
- Understand claims, the reasons for claims and the process of making a claim
- Know the acts and regulations that are relevant to the construction industry
How registration works:
New registrations will be processed Monday through Friday 8:00AM - 4:00PM CST. Participants will be emailed a pin and instructions within 24 hours of payment.
Courses purchased on weekends or holidays will receive logins and instructions on the next business day.
For support or inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-844-MERIT4U. (637-4848)
It is recommended students use a computer with the following:
• Pentium 4, 3 GHZ
• 2 GB of system memory (RAM)
• Speakers or Headset
• High Speed Internet Access
• Adobe Flash Player 10+
Please note at this time it is not recommended that students use any version of Internet Explorer. We suggest that they either use Google Chrome or Firefox to take their course(s).
No cancellations/refunds once pin is emailed to participant.