PRINCE ALBERT, SK
Gain a basic and practical understanding of Canadian construction contract and subcontract essentials. This course is for contractors and anyone involved in procurement and contracting within a construction company.
This course builds upon the BuildForce Construction Law course, and thus repeats some of the material where applicable. Construction Law, however, is not a prerequisite to taking this course.
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand what a contract is from a legal standpoint and what makes it valid and enforceable
- Know some key legal priniples regarding general contracts and construction contracts
- Understand why contracts are important in the construction process
- Learn the difference between a "bidding" contract and the actual construction contract
- Be able to discern the difference between a letter of intent, a purchase order, and a construction contract
- Learn about a major cause of construction disputes and why standard industry contract forms can reduce the risk of such disputes
- Know the different types of construction contracts in terms of project delivery and pricing methods
- Understand the structure, approach, and key provision in a typical stipulated/fixed-price or lump-sum construction contract and subcontract
- Know how to read and undersatnd a typical construction contract and subcontract
How registration works:
New registrations will be processed Monday through Friday 8:00AM - 4:00PM CST. Participants will be emailed a pin and instructions within 24 hours of payment.
Courses purchased on weekends or holidays will receive logins and instructions on the next business day.
For support or inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-844-MERIT4U. (637-4848)
|Canadian Construction Contract Essentials||
It is recommended students use a computer with the following:
• Pentium 4, 3 GHZ
• 2 GB of system memory (RAM)
• Speakers or Headset
• High Speed Internet Access
• Adobe Flash Player 10+
Please note at this time it is not recommended that students use any version of Internet Explorer. We suggest that they either use Google Chrome or Firefox to take their course(s).
No cancellations/refunds once pin is emailed to participant.