PRINCE ALBERT, SK
The information presented in this course will give you an overview and encourage a general awareness of the health and safety issues you'll be faced with on any work site in Canada.
The National Construction Safety Awareness course has been designed help you understand what you can do to keep yourself, your co-workers, and the environment you work in safe every day. The course contains interactive elements, scenarios, videos, and quizzes to reinforce learning.
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Know your rights and responsibilities on any work site, and those of your co-workers and your employer.
- Identify the necessary communications to ensure the work gets done properly and safely.
- Recognize the measures you need to take off the job site to make sure you're ready for work on the job site.
- Identify the personal protective equipment you'll use on the job site and how to use it effectively.
- Know the precautions to take when working with workplace chemicals, including understanding the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System and safety data sheets.
- Understand the importance of protecting the environment around your work site, and how to make that happen.
- Recognize the different types of hazards you may encounter on a job site, and how to assess and control them.
- Identify the tools, equipment, and vehicles you'll use on site, and how to use them safely.
- Know precautions to take when working at heights, excavating and trenching, and working near power lines.
- Understand how regulations differ across Canada and across industries, and the importance of understanding processes and procedures at your own site.
- Recognize hazards that may be present in confined spaces, and how to ensure you work safely under those conditions.
How registration works:
New registrations will be processed Monday through Friday 8:00AM - 4:00PM CST. Participants will be emailed a pin and instructions within 24 hours of payment.
Courses purchased on weekends or holidays will receive logins and instructions on the next business day.
For support or inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-844-MERIT4U. (637-4848)
It is recommended students use a computer with the following:
• Pentium 4, 3 GHZ
• 2 GB of system memory (RAM)
• Speakers or Headset
• High Speed Internet Access
• Adobe Flash Player 10+
Please note at this time it is not recommended that students use any version of Internet Explorer. We suggest that they either use Google Chrome or Firefox to take their course(s).
No cancellations/refunds once pin is emailed to participant.