Prince Albert, SK
Certificate in Essential Supervisory & Management Skills
As the province continues to roll out its Re-Open Saskatchewan Plan, contractors and their employees are being challenged to adjust to new safety protocols and a different way of managing their work crews in order to effectively comply with active Public Health Orders.
This Certificate in Essential Supervisory & Management Skills will provide course participants with the knowledge and understanding to manage a construction site more effectively as needs evolve to address the many challenges imposed by the current pandemic environment.
The need to align business activities with the phases of the Re-Open Saskatchewan plan has become an integral part of business success. Providing the knowledge, communication skills, and how to effectively manage a team to your Supervisors and Managers will ensure your business is better positioned to quickly adjust to the impacts of the pandemic. This training will aid your business in being able to pivot accordingly in an environment that is becoming increasingly unpredictable.
This Certificate in Essential Supervisory & Management Skills consists of the following 4 half day (16 hours) live instructor lead training sessions, plus an online portion involving research, reading, and answering questions (7-8 hours) that will be marked by the instructors. By the end of the 4 days participants will be able to:
- Understand the differences between leadership, management, and supervision
- Identify different leadership styles and approaches
- Apply different leadership styles to deal with various situations
- Knowledge of motivational theories – Mazlow, Herzberg, MARS
- Ability to enhance individual and group performance and engagement
- Understand different personality styles and how to communicate appropriately
- Effectively manage time
- Understanding stress and how to manage it at work
- Knowledge of substance abuse, recognition, and prevention
- Conduct a successful toolbox talk
- Appropriately discipline and/or terminate staff
- Apply various negotiating skills
- Deal with difficult people, conflict, and confrontation
- Use collaborative decision-making skills
- Understand a systems approach to management of construction companies
Dates: Monday, February 8, 2021 to Thursday February 11, 2021 from 10:30 AM to 2:30 PM CST
Total Course Time – 24 Hours
Accreditation – MERIT Certificate in Essential Supervisory & Management Skills
Gold Seal Credits – 5
Cost: $700 + GST
Computer or laptop
- This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content (slides or videos), and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, cell-phones or tablets may not be adequate.
- Windows 10 or Mac iOS
- For a full list of Zoom’s requirements click here
- Downloading of the Zoom app will ensure a much faster experience https://zoom.us/support/download
- Webcam – in order to engage and collaborate, participants will be expected to have their webcams on for the duration of the class
- Internet connection - For best results, you will want to ensure you have an internet connection with an upload/download speed of 3-5 Mbps. You can test your internet speed here. Minimum recommended speed is 1.5 Mbps, but anything below 3 Mbps may result in loss of quality or buffering. Ideally hardwired connection versus wireless for stability - connect your computer directly to your router using an ethernet cable, rather than using your home wi-fi.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions - microphone will be engaged for interactive sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class program.
- Comfortable chair
For support or inquiries, please email email@example.com or call 1-844-MERIT4U. (637-4848)
No cancellation &/or refunds available after registration.