Audience: Site Superintendents, Project Managers, Estimators, Senior Managers, and Owners
In this one-day course you will develop skills and knowledge of how to manage a construction project. You will gain an understanding of project processes and constraints encountered by project managers (using PMBoK 5th Edition approach) and how to successfully manage complex projects.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand the importance of project planning
- Understand the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBoK 5th Ed)
- Use the appropriate CCDC/CCA contract and/or Purchase Orders for the project
- Use risk management tools and mitigate for risk
- Understand the estimating process
- Understand the importance of scheduling and use appropriate scheduling tools
- Understand expectations management and adapt communication accordingly
- Understand the components of projects – labour, materials and overheads – and use of techniques to maximize job profitability and minimize costs
- Do post-mortem analysis after project completion
- Understand the impact and methodology of construction cost control
The list goes on! Project Manager, Estimator, Business Owners you don’t want to let this course slip by as there will be an exceptional amount of knowledge to be gained!
Instructor Bio: Tim Williams MBA, B.Econ., CPA, GSC, is the President of BGC Partners Inc. Tim has worked with numerous construction companies for over twenty years. He is a Gold Seal Certified project manager. He is an experienced and sought after trainer who has trained construction owners and managers on behalf of construction industry associations across Western Canada.
For support or inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-844-MERIT4U. (637-4848)
MERIT Course Registration Cancellations, Transfers and Refunds
- Registered attendees can be transferred to another employee within the same company until the day of the course without any repercussions.
- Written cancellation prior to 10 business days in advance will be granted a full refund.
- Written cancellation 5-10 days in advance will be given 50% refund.
- Written cancellation less than 5 days in advance and no-show registrants will NOT be granted a refund.
- The Executive Director may override this policy if circumstances warrant.
- MERIT Contractors Association Saskatchewan does not issue credits.
- Cancellations of a course by MERIT due to unforeseen circumstances will result in all paid fees reimbursed by same method of payment.